Friday, July 13, 2012

"Only the weak need help."

"Scrubs" was a TV show about young doctors struggling through their residency at Sacred Heart Hospital.  Dr. Cox was the Residency Director in charge of making their lives miserable as payback for making him murderously frustrated.

I needed a Dr. Cox fix this morning.  I know how that sounds.  Don't.  Go.  There.



"Let me go ahead and share a little something special with you that I like to call 'Perry's Perspective.'

  1. If someone is standing in front of me in line at the coffee shop and they can't decide what they want in the half hour it took to get to the register, I should be allowed to kill them.
  2. I'm fairly sure if they took p-o-r-n off the internet, there'd only be one website left and it would be called, 'Bring Back The P-O-R-N'.
  3. And most importantly of all, the only way to be respected as a doctor, nay, respected as a man, is to be an island.  You are born alone, and you damn sure die alone -- isn't that right, Spike?  The point is, and you just might want to jot this down, only the weak need help."


6 comments:

  1. I read those all in Perry's voice. Excellent. It is so true, too.

    You see all of these young black men built like rocks and you wonder...45%+ black employment in Milwaukee, how do they afford the time and have the resources to sculpt their bodies to the extent of a professional muscle builder? If I had had a gym membership during the 3 months of my adult life I wasn't working at least one job, it would have been the first thing to go. As I drive through an area of Milwaukee that I wouldn't walk through, I don't see 'starving pictures of children in Africa'. I see an awful lot of health and the confident strut of naked aggression, but not any skin and bones children or adults. These are the people I need to help?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes. Get after it.

      You must be a hater. Stingy, too.

      Gym memberships are a right.

      Delete
    2. Yes mum, of course Mum. Would lady Government like anything else at the present time? Foie gras from humanely fed geese, perhaps? We have some excellent elephant tongue as well...

      Delete
    3. Excellent, knave. I would be delighted with the liver of goose, lightly sauteed and served on toast points. I'm not a fan of tongue, unless it remains in one's head and is saying something interesting!

      Delete
  2. I've been working with newbies for 25+ years. Freshly degreed and licensed doesn't stop them from asking the stooooopidist questions with big, wide uncomprehending eyes. It does try one's patience.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My husband had a private equine veterinary practice and he always worried like an old lady when he hired a new graduate. And he didn't stop worrying for about 2 years.

      Delete