Monday, July 16, 2012

Do You Really Want To Go There?

I pride myself on being cynical.  Not because it takes much skill, it doesn't, but because it takes effort! To be really good at it, you must not be surprised by anything - ever.  Even the most outrageous news story must be met with an insouciant lift of the eyebrows and a decidedly downward glance shuttered by a long, slow blink to express the proper lack of surprise.  Adding the simple phrase, "What did you expect?" is often helpful to fully convey the fullness of one's fulsome cynicism.  I'm pretty damn good at it.

So when I heard last Thursday that the Obama campaign had decided it was a smart tactic to accuse Romney of a felony over an issue that had been thoroughly investigated and found empty years ago when Romney ran for Governor of Massachusetts, I failed miserably at my one talent, my willpower to feign cynicism run over like a cheerleader too stupid to stay out of the way:

"What did you expect?"


The needle on my WTF meter snapped right off.  

Busted


And the first thing I thought was, "Do you really want to go there?  Really?"




Like I said.  "Do you really want to go there?"


No comments:

Post a Comment