Saturday, September 1, 2012

Matthew 7:24 - UPDATED! And now...for the weather.

UPDATED UPDATE!!!

I put the update at the top like the moron that I am. Now it's at the bottom, as it should be.


******************Here's the original post.**************

Obama sculpted out of sand. Boy, that has a lasting quality about it, don't you think? After the flogging Eastwood gave him as an empty chair, I would stay away from shifting, insubstantial images, if I were him.

Sixteen foot sand sculpture of The Big O at the DNC.

Embrace the stupid.

I can't get this scene out of my head. Anybody have a bucket of water?






HERE'S THE UPDATE!!!  Kurt at A Train Wreck in Maxwell checked on the local weather and lo! and behold! God has seen fit to wash away Obama's visage.

Divine!


Rains wash away Mount Obama in Charlotte, N.C.

CHARLOTTE, N.C. — A torrential downpour that struck Charlotte Saturday afternoon damaged the Mount Rushmore-style sand sculpture bust of President Obama — an ominous beginning to what many fear is a plagued convention. 




I am reminded of this poem by Shelley:

Ozymandias

I met a traveller from an antique land
Who said: Two vast and trunkless legs of stone
Stand in the desart. Near them, on the sand,
Half sunk, a shattered visage lies, whose frown,
And wrinkled lip, and sneer of cold command,
Tell that its sculptor well those passions read
Which yet survive, stamped on these lifeless things,
The hand that mocked them and the heart that fed:
And on the pedestal these words appear:
"My name is Ozymandias, king of kings:
Look on my works, ye Mighty, and despair!"
Nothing beside remains. Round the decay
Of that colossal wreck, boundless and bare
The lone and level sands stretch far away.


(I was going to give myself another award in recognition of Kurt's link, but thought better of it considering the subject matter of this particular post.)


22 comments:

  1. Really?! The DNC did that on purpose? I saw that photo but I didn't realize it was sand or that it was something official. Freudian slip maybe? It looks like a pretty good job, except for that rictus they gave him, but did they seriously not consider the implications of a giant statue made of sand?

    I like the Matthew reference. Just so it's not Belshazzar which didn't work out too well for the nation involved.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have reached a point where I am simply open-mouthed 24/7. I have become the stereotypical mouth-breathing Republican, but because of the DEMOCRATS!

      These guys are so far off the rails that it's like watching a train wreck. You don't want to see it, but you can't turn away either.

      Yeah, let's hope the Mormon can turn it around. Crossing my fingers that Mormon is the right answer.

      Delete
    2. I couldn't find the BEST one. It was of a guy with a clipboard on a stage, and the room was full of people. It was purgatory and they were finding out where they were headed. The guy with the clipboard keeps reading off names and sending people to hell. Finally someone asks, confused, "If we're all going to hell, what was the right answer?" And the guy on stage say, "Mormon. Mormon was the right answer."

      Laughed my ass off.

      Delete
  2. Found it! LOL. Didn't remember that scene but I do love the show.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. SHIT! Your comments keep going to spam this morning. I give UP!

      Anyway, THAT'S IT! OMG! OMG! OMG! I loved that episode. And that's EXACTLY the clip I was looking for. It wasn't purgatory - it was hell. I remembered it wrong. Shit for brains.

      I'm off for the rest of the day, so if you leave any other comments and they don't show up, you know why. I'll get them out later this afternoon.

      Delete
    2. With Eddie Izzard as the Hell Director!

      Delete
  3. My god, what is wrong with these people? I'm like RG - I saw the pics (at Ace's) but thought they were just joke sculptures. Good grief.

    Also - I have the same problem with regular, frequent, TOP NOTCH commenters going to spam. I'm truly at a loss of what to do about it. Ugh. Anyway - I hope you ARE off away from the computer. I hope it was my aggressive email stalking this morning that has finally driven you outside, haha! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA! Snrk! Rain. Heh, heh, heh.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Boo, hiss blogspot.com. They don't like me anymore.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That one gets through? Sheesh.

      Delete
    2. Yeah, I have no idea why your comments today are landing in purgatory. But this one didn't. Maybe it doesn't like links today. The others had links in them.

      Delete
  6. Replies
    1. Well, damn! He's not always so "insta", is he? HAHAHA!

      That was a pretty obvious metaphor. I knew I wouldn't be the only one who came up with that connection.

      Delete
    2. The statues should have been made of salt. The meaning would have been even more apt, and still no lefty would have gotten it.

      Delete
    3. Lefties are notorious for coming up short on the "nuance" of something when it's directed at them.

      Delete
  7. Given Obama's ego, and the fanboy worship of him by the Dems, I am quite surprised that Congress did not, prior to the 2010 elections, pass legislation to put Obama's face on Mt. Rushmore. I am also surprised that they did not change the currency so that all paper money has Obama's face on it, like China's has Mao's face.
    Perhaps after January, Congress can legislate for a new coin: a mercury coated lead slug. It is quite toxic and, although it might look shiny, isn't worth much. In fact, it'll cost more to manufacture than it is worth, as the enabling legislation will declare it not to be legal to purchase anything with it.

    ReplyDelete
  8. They can't add his face to Rushmore, there is no basalt... Alright, that really was ra-a-a-acist. !)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It might have been ra-a-acist, but it was fu-u-unny!

      Delete
  9. Y'know buttercup, we could get really drunk tonight if we watched the DNC and drank to every racist reference. Oo, or every code!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Racists!!! Both of you! I'm ashamed of you. And if I could stop laughing long enough to vigorously shake my finger at you...well...you would know you'd been chastised, that's for sure. HAHAHA!

    I don't think Obama would even want his face on Mt. Rushmore. His ego's too big to share the mountain with other presidents. He's going to have something commissioned that is vulgar, stupendous and hideous if he's re-elected. I can just feel it in my bones.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Moi, Buttercup? If I had feelers, they'd be hurt! :D

      Delete