Thursday, October 18, 2012

Okay, now I am officially creeped out

This starts pretty well and the concept of shadow dancing is cool. But then at around 00:48, the big hand turns one of the dancers into a "dog" and things get weird because the dog looks more like a creature with a strangely deformed calf head on a woman's body than a dog. From that moment on I had visions of The Island of Doctor Moreau as I watched it.


Once that image got into my little pea-brain it was all over. I just kept seeing a weirdly deformed and super creepy half-calf, low-fat vente latte dancing around. I just KNEW if the lights had come up and the dancers could be seen, they would look like this:


So, as I said, I am now officially creeped out.

If you are now too...I'm sorry.

If you're not...what is the matter with you?




10 comments:

  1. I think it looks like a baby goat head. Which is even weirder than a dog head.

    I don't think I'm creeped out, but then I put a lot more Irish Cream in my evening decaf latte than I intended. It is probably much more logical than it ought to be when you're slightly drunk.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. THAT'S IT! I hadn't had anything to drink when I watched it. Drinking definitely solves a LOT of problems.

      HAHAHA!

      Delete
  2. A little creeped out. Mostly intrigued about how lights, props, people, arms etc. were positioned to get those effects and how much practice it takes to do it quickly a smoothly.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh it was pretty cool, but I just couldn't help be amazed that they had actually settled on that weird head thing to be the central character. And I kept thinking, when they were in rehearsals, why didn't anyone else see that it just looked creepy and said, "Hey, we have GOT to fix that dog."

      Delete
  3. Not too much evidently, as that did creep me out just a tad..

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think that thing that is SO creepy because the head doesn't look anything like a dog, more like a calf/goat/lamb mess, and it sits on top of a girl WEARING A DRESS!

      Couldn't they have had her clothed in something more svelte, pants or something, so that when she was transformed, she looked less parahuman?

      Delete
    2. I don't know if svelte would work. Seems like that would make it even more obvious that it's an animal head on a woman's body. That's going to be at least a little creepy regardless of the animal, though at least a dog isn't a food animal (here anyway).

      Delete
    3. Well, now I'm totally creeped out.

      Delete
    4. You and me both, RG. :)

      Delete