In the last month or so, two issues have inexplicably become revolving themes in my life. Neither of these issues is even slightly difficult to understand, the facts are indisputable, and the SCIENCE! is fucking settled. However, just as inexplicably, people are frankly fucking idiots about both.
The first issue is pit bulls.
I hate pit bulls. If you own a pit bull don't bother telling me how sweet and adorable it is. I will still hate it and then I will think you're a fucking idiot besides. It'll be a two-fer.
Let's go over the SCIENCE! for any 'tards that are going to defend these animals.
- We have breeds of dogs precisely because man can breed them to consistently display certain traits, characteristics and behaviors. This is indisputable.
- Certain breeds herd. Others track. Some chase. Etc. Etc. E-fucking-cetera! This is indisputable.
- Aggression is a trait that can be bred into a dog, just like the desire to chase is bred into the sighthounds. This is indisputable.
- Aggression combined with a thick, stupid, large-jawed, short-necked, wide shouldered piece of shit killing machine is a very, very, very stupid idea. This is indisputable.
- Men come up with stupid ideas all the time. This is indisputable.
- Pit bulls account for the vast majority of FATAL attacks on other pets and on humans. This is indisputable.
- Many of these attacks were unprovoked and there was no warning of any kind. This is indisputable.
- The pit is ugly. This is indisputable.
- There is no sane reason to own one. This is indisputable.
- Everything the pit bull provides in terms of companionship can be done by hundreds of other breeds...without the handy dandy extra feature of possibly killing you or a family member.
- If you insist on owning one and defending this breed as sweet and harmless -- AGAINST ALL EVIDENCE -- then you are a liar. This is indisputable.
From DogsBite.org: In the 9-year period from 2005 to 2013, pit bulls killed 176 Americans and accounted for 62% of the total recorded deaths (283). Combined, pit bulls and rottweilers accounted for 74% of these deaths.
Pit Bull Attacks Sharply Rise
These are facts. Pit bulls don't just attack. All dogs can potentially attack. Pit bulls kill. Always. The only time they don't kill is when the attack is somehow stopped. So spare me the stories about a Golden Retriever who bit someone you know. I'll bet any amount of money the victim didn't DIE! Or wasn't so severely mauled that they were disfigured and handicapped for the rest of their life.
This blog post says it better than I can. I'm so worked up about the insanity of people who defend these dogs that all I can do is swear.
Okay...deep breathing...deep breathing...in with good...out with the bad...
Oh shit...here I go again.
Fat. Overweight. Big-boned.
I don't care.
Honestly, I don't care. If you want to be overweight, go for it. It makes no never mind to me. But please for the love of SCIENCE! and REASON! do NOT tell me that you can't lose weight. I am sick to fucking death of people saying shit like that and no one calls them on it. We all just politely nod our heads -- IN SYMPATHY!!! What the hell is wrong with people?
If you're fat, you're fat because you choose to eat more than you need. Period. It is a calorie in, calorie used or stored BASIC FUCKING FACT!
So just shut up about it. I've never brought up a person's weight in my entire life. It is none of my business and I could honestly not care less -- until you start in with the excuses and expect me to afford you victim status instead of pointing out that you simply don't want to change your life enough to lose the weight. Fine. Because that's the truth. Anyone who isn't disabled or taking Prednisone can lose weight. Just put down the donut and go for a walk. Every day. For the rest of your life.
If you don't want to do that, I understand. Just do not expect me to agree that you "can't lose weight." Let's all just decide to either tell the truth or shut the hell up with the excuses and bids for pity or sympathy. I have been thin for most of my life. But there were a couple of periods where I gained weight. And every single time it was because I stopped being active and ate whatever I wanted and as much as I wanted. I didn't like it, so I changed my habits and lost the weight. It's not easy, but it is simple.
Honest to GOD! I was listening to a table of women who were all over 250 lbs sitting around talking to each other about how to lose weight. Obviously not a single one of them knew jack shit about how to lose weight. They were all morbidly obese. Notice that really heavy people NEVER ask a thin person how to lose weight. Never. They don't want honest answers. They want to sit around and confirm each others' delusions that "it's impossible." One woman actually said, "Diets and exercise don't work." I kid you not. Another said she lost the most weight on what she called the "Snickers and Coke" diet. I almost busted out laughing. She explained that she would go until she was starving and then eat a Snickers and have a Coke. And they were all nodding to this like it was wisdom from Oprah. I am still trying to get the memory of this level of stupidity out of my mind.
That's it. I'm done.
No, I'm not.
One of the biggest bullshit reasons that women make for weight gain is pregnancy. Okay, yes, WHILE you're pregnant you should gain weight to feed the growing bambino. But AFTER you give birth you aren't somehow disfigured and physically unable to get back to your pre-baby size -- FOR THE REST OF YOUR LIFE! Jeebus, women. Are you seriously kidding me? And let's remember that for most women, pregnancy happens when you are fairly young. So we're all supposed to believe that a young woman goes through a perfectly normal event like pregnancy and that's it, she'll never be the same again. Un-fucking-believable. If you can't lose weight and get fit at 25, you're just not even trying.
And again, I don't CARE if you don't want to do the heavy lifting it takes to get fit and/or lose weight. Just do not tell me it is impossible. Do. Not.
So now I need a drink.