A superb rant from Charlie Martin over at The PJ Tatler:
So today’s little furor is some ass at a Romney rally who worked his way around, right in front of the press, and showed off a pretty obviously racist shirt. Now, as Stacy McCain has pointed out, there’s good reason to think the was a troll, a false-flag operation. We’ve been seeing them, organized and disorganized, since the first Tea Party demonstrations — remember “Crash the Tea Party“?
But you know what? Forget that. I’m tired of idiots trying to make one asshole in the back row of a Romney rally the issue. You want to talk racism? Well, let’s talk about this:
- It was Nathan Bedford Forrest, a Democrat, who founded the Ku Klux Klan.
- Woodrow Wilson segregated Federal Buildings and jobs after 50 years of integration under largely Republican administrations.
- It was the Democrat Party in the South that instituted Jim Crow Laws.
- It was the Democrat Party in the South that instituted “separate but equal”.
- It was the Democrat Party in the South that supported the Ku Klux Klan.
- It was George Wallace and the Democrat Party in the South that said “Segregation Forever”.
- It was Orval Faubus and the Democrat Party that wanted the Arkansas National Guard to enforce segregation, and Dwight Eisenhower, a Republican President, that sent the 101st Airborne to integrate the schools.
- It was Bull Connor, a member of the Democrat National Committee, who turned the hoses on the marchers in Birmingham, and it was the Republicans who made up the majority that passed the 1964 Civil Rights Act, over the filibuster of such Democrat paragons as William Fulbright and Al Gore Sr. — and Grand Kleagle Byrd.
There's more. It's all good.
Let's just tell the truth about the difference between Republicans and Democrats, shall we?
Republicans are accused of racism because we don't believe in the soft bigotry of low expectations. We truly believe that every man IS equal before the law and among his fellow men and therefore deserves to stand on his own two feet. Of course, there are exceptions, like when some rapacious doctor cuts off both your feet for profit...
...then society must step in and provide for you.
Democrats believe that many, many, many people (actually virtually anyone who is not a politician) are simply incapable of providing for themselves -- NO. MATTER. WHAT. -- and that to suggest otherwise is to be heartless and dispassionate and RAAAAAACIST!
But Republicans are too stupid to figure it out.