Wednesday, October 31, 2012

Best Halloween Costume EVAH! UPDATED WITH HONORABLE MENTION!

Some years ago, when my son was in high school and Team America was a fairly recent movie, he decided to "be" Gary. Dark pancake makeup, a black stuffed toy with fake fur destroyed for eyebrows and beard, a big bath towel...and it was UNCANNY!


The funniest part of the whole costume was that, other than the kids who instantly got it, the adults around this sleepy little red-neck infested hamlet did NOT. One guy almost punched my son for dressing up like a terrorist! THAT would not have been funny.



Luckily he escaped after struggling to explain that he was making fun of the terrorists...that it was from a movie...but it was a close call.

 "Aaaaah....derka, derka, derka!"

*****UPDATED!*******

This is the best. My only question. Did he glue his feet to the plastic platform so that he had to walk like the army men in Toy Story? That would be AWESOME!




6 comments:

  1. Wasn't there a video clip earlier? That costume was an amazing replica.

    The Army Man might have it beat though. I do wonder how long he can squat like that.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Okay. There. I fixed it.

      There is a gremlin loose. On Halloween. Perfect.

      Delete
  2. Damn! Yes, there was. I am having the worst time today with video links

    ReplyDelete
  3. The ravening horde has receded. I swear they're shipped in from someplace for Halloween, no way there's that many kids in this town. If there are they must spend the whole rest of the year holed up with x-boxes or something.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Team America is one of my all-time top 5 favorite movies - I have never laughed harder than I did the first time I heard "America, Fuck Yeah!"

    Derka derka derka? Derka.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know, right? There are too many good moments! UNCANNY! was a huge hit around our house for months. So was, "Do the signal. Do you remember the signal?"

      And of course we went around singing the theme song like complete idiots for far too long!

      Delete