Tuesday, November 27, 2012

Waging Christmas

With Thanksgiving leftovers finished up and all the turkey-shaped platters safely stowed, it is now time to wage Christmas. We have a neighborhood here that is completely INSANE about Christmas, with every house doing its damndest to outshine the next one. I am certain thousands of polar bears are gasping their last breaths somewhere because of the massive overuse of electricity in my town alone.

Fortunately we do not live in this neighborhood. Our home is in an area that is so secluded we can't see anyone - and they can't see us - from any direction, so the need to please others is nonexistent. But just between you and me, the need to please others would remain nonexistent if I were dead center in the Christmas Crazies' Neighborhood. Oh, I might feel compelled to do a little something.... 

Just to show I can get in the Christmas spirit, too.

 But I would be far more likely to stage a poignant tableau. I call it, "Christmas Mourning."









8 comments:

  1. Hey kids! No worries about coal in your stockings this year, Santa didn't finish the environmental impact study in time so the EPA impounded it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hahahaha! That is perfect. Now Obama can get the toddler vote by promising that they will never have coal in their stockings.

      Delete
  2. Mourning, hell...venison sausage: ymmmmmm!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love venison sausage grilled over coals.

      How did the maple pecan tart turn out?

      Delete
    2. Excellent, thanks for the recipe. Also made a key lime pie with limes from the tree in front of the barn. Two turkeys, one brined and roasted and the other smoked at a local barbeque joint. Insane amount of work at Thanksgiving. I'm never doing it again. I swear, I really mean it this time.

      Delete
    3. You have your fingers crossed behind your back, don't you?

      Delete
    4. Venison chili can't be beat!

      Delete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete