Wednesday, December 5, 2012

God willing and the creek don't rise.

It's been a little wet around here lately.

Here is the pasture where the creek rose. Alot. There is a road (I am standing at the top of it) that is to the right of this photo and it was completely flooded. I had to park the car and walk across 30 acres to get to the horses to feed them. Lovely.


I am now halfway across and looking back at the flooding pastures. This is taken from the front driveway back toward the flooded road and pasture.


Normally I drive in the front driveway and save myself the pastoral stroll across the field. But of course one can't simply drive in the front driveway, like real people, because of this:


Yeah, poor me. But sometimes, the saying, "When it rains, it pours" has a particularly personal edge to it. Like someone is saying it and laughing at the same time.

Of course, this IS California, Land of the Goofballs, so this is what was going on up in town:


Yes, California. Where we get flooding, tsunamis, earthquakes, tornadoes, fires, and drought. And we all moved here for the weather.


8 comments:

  1. Johnny Cash's got your theme song ready.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It could be worse. Your car could be under the tree.

    On the other hand, we actually came out of it with a much better car for only $300 on top of the insurance check.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, no one was hurt. Just inconvenienced. However, with my attitude lately, anymore inconvenience and someone COULD get hurt. HAHAHAHA!

      Delete
    2. Why do you think I had the doc write me a new script for Prozac? 8)

      Delete
  3. First of all, even with all the floodin', where you live looks absolutely gorgeous and I am jealous and want to move there.

    Second, I can totally see one of those photos with an "Area of Concern" pointing to, like, the entire photo. LOL.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I do live in God's country.

      Apparently, though, God is pissed.

      I think he's mad about the election, too. He never wanted His son to go into politics.

      Delete
  4. I can NOT fucking believe I spelled different incorrectly in that picture. No wait.......yes, I can.

    ReplyDelete