Monday, April 2, 2012

LOVELY IDEA FOR A PARTY

A wine-tasting party.  Accompany the wines with either hors d'oeuvres or dessert. Either way would be fun.

I'm doing this as soon as I can get it organized. Years ago, when living on the San Francisco peninsula, we would visit the Napa wine country frequently. There is no more pleasant way to spend a late spring weekend than poking around wine country. Every view from any direction is unbelievably picturesque. It's hard to imagine, but locals do eventually become saturated with such beauty and go about their business. That is one of the reasons I would not want to live there. As a visitor, I retain the freshness, the awed appreciation of the valley; every trip is a new experience, and I am able to relish the immersion into the glorious softness of green velvet hills and blue satin skies. 


I am lucky now to live in an area that is home to several very good wineries.  I think a wine-tasting party featuring local wines would be great fun.  


No comments:

Post a Comment