Monday, December 7, 2015

I Love You Guys

After months of avoiding blogging due to a serious and incurable case of "Performance Anxiety", I can't tell you all how ridiculously tickled I am to have old friends pop over so quickly and say, "Hi!"

I know it sounds weird, maybe even slightly creepy, that despite the veiled format of my blog, I really look upon my readers as friends, confidantes, and compatriots. Friendship is a tricky thing. It can be hard to understand the why's and the how's of when it happens, especially as we grow into adults and
we expect our friendships to reflect something more than that we sat next to each other in study hall. As I have grown older, my friendships are fewer, but more important, and they develop more slowly. They require a shared sense of humor, reasonably compatible viewpoints, and a deep curiosity about life.  This blog allows all those things to be experienced back and forth between me and my readers/commenters, and for that, I am grateful.

Thank you, all. For stopping by. For sharing your thoughts. For making me laugh, scratch my head -- sometimes slap it -- and for keeping me sane. Okay...that last part is a stretch, but I'm flattering you, so take it and be happy.

Perhaps I am especially sentimental because we've just celebrated Thanksgiving and the message of gratitude still resonates in me on a daily basis.


Nobility is one of my greatest virtues. LOL!
So thanks. I love you guys.

8 comments:

  1. It's always a source of enjoyment to see you've posted something new. Not worthy? Bah!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks you guys. You are both on the list!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I haven't been a reader here for very long, but wholeheartedly agree with RG.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm honored to be counted as one of your friendly followers. ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I still insist that I have no idea why you stop by, but I am grateful and delighted that you do. Thanks, Julie and Naleta.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Replies
    1. HAHAHAHAHAHAHA! That comment made me bust out laughing!

      Delete