Wednesday, March 11, 2015

This made me cry.

Because I'm a softie who can't get through a Disney film without tearing up. Add helpless animals and I'm sobbing like a baby.

Years ago the entire family went to see the Disney film, "Eight Below". WHYYYYYY I don't know. First, it was a Disney film. Second, it was about loyal, abandoned dogs. What the hell was I thinking??? Fifteen minutes into the movie, maybe less, I was sobbing like a teenaged girl dumped by her boyfriend at a school assembly. I. MEAN. SOBBING! I was choking I was crying so hard. I couldn't breathe. I couldn't be quiet. I was blowing snot bubbles as I slobbered and wailed. People were looking at me with barely suppressed disgust, bordering on fury, and still I sobbed and choked and coughed and hiccuped. It was awful. My kids actually got up and moved a couple of seats away.

After the movie they wanted to go out to dinner. As we exited the theater, they took one look at my ravaged face and, rolling their eyes, resigned themselves to leftovers at the house. No way were they going to be seen in public with me.

So, yeah, this little video made me cry.




4 comments:

  1. From what you said, I was afraid it ended badly, but that was excellent. That's one lucky dog.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know! But I was still crying. I started crying right at the beginning, when you could hear the dog screaming from pain and fear. I am such a hot mess when I see anyone -- human or animal -- suffer.

      Delete
  2. Okay, I admit it, I cried after seeing Old Yeller, dammit.

    I hate to see animals or people suffer too. Whenever bad people are responsible for it, I wanna be the Punisher and hunt them down.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ben, I won't say I cried at the end of Old Yeller, but the theater was really dusty during that particular showing.

      Delete